PhD. in Environmental Engineering, University of Delaware (1990)
MS in Environmental Engineering, National Taiwan University (1982)
BS in Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University (1980)
- Dean, College of Engineering, Taiwan Tech (2016.08 – present)
- Director, Office of Environment, Safety and Hygiene, Taiwan Tech (2013.08 – present)
- Chairman, Department of Chemical Engineering, Taiwan Tech (2010.08 – 2013.07)
- Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Taiwan Tech (1997.02 - present)
- Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Taiwan Tech (1990.02 – 1997.01)
- Board member of Environment and Resource Research Institute (2005.06 – 2009.05)
- Board member of the Environmental Stewardship Association (2003.03 - 2009.03)
- Chairman, Taiwan Environmental Protection Union (1991.11 – 1993.11)
- International Water Association
- Taiwanese Institute of Environmental Engineers
- Taiwanese Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Physical-chemical processes for water and wastewater treatment and reuse.
（1） Treatment and reuse of high-tech wastewater.
（2） Separation of algae and colloids from water.
- Rare metals in electronic sludge and e-wastes.
（1） Release of rare metals from electronic sludge.
（2） Extraction and recovery of rare metals from e-wastes.
Selected Refereed Publications
1. Chuan, M. C., G. Y. Shu, and J. C. Liu*, "Solubility of Heavy Metals in a Contaminated Soil: Effects of Redox Potential and pH", Wat. Air & Soil Pollt., Vol. 90, 543-556(1996).
2. Huang, C. J. and J. C. Liu*, "Precipitate Flotation of Fluoride-Containing Wastewater from a Semiconductor Manufacturer", Wat. Res., Vol. 33, 3403-3412(1999).
3. Hung, M. T. and J. C. Liu*, “Microfiltration for separation of algae from water”, Colloids Surfaces B, Vol. 51, 157-164(2006).
4. Warmadewanthi and J. C. Liu*, “Recovery of phosphate and ammonium as struvite from semiconductor wastewater”, Sep. Purif. Technol., Vol. 64, No. 3, 368-373(2009).
5. L. Kentjono, J.C. Liu*, W.C. Chang, and C. Irawan, “Removal of boron and iodine from optoelectronic wastewater using Mg-Al(NO3) layered double hydroxide”, Desalination, Vol. 262, No. 1-3, 280-283(2010).
6. Nguyen, T.L., D.J. Lee, J.S. Chang, J.C. Liu* “Effects of ozone and peroxone on algal separation via dispersed air flotation”, Colloids Surfaces B, Vol. 105, No. 246-250 (2013).
7. Luong H.V. T. and J.C. Liu*, “Flotation separation of soluble and colloidal indium from aqueous solution”, Ind. Eng Chem. Res., Vol. 53, 1242-1248 (2014).
8. Kurniawati, A., H, S. Ismadji and J.C. Liu* “Microalgae harvesting by flotation using natural saponin and chitosan” Bioresource Technol. Vol. 132, 115-119 (2014).
9. Lee, M.T., C.W. Li, and J.C. Liu*, “Recovery of fluoride as perovskite-like minerals from industrial wastewater”, Sep. Purif. Technol., Vol. 156, 1057-1063 (2015).
10. Chen, J.Y., H.V.T. Luong, and J.C. Liu*, “Fractionation and release behaviors of metals (In, Mo, Sr) from industrial sludge”, Water Res., Vol. 82, 86-93 (2015).